Monday, August 24, 2009

Good news about Brady

So Brady has arrived! He was born August 3rd at 7:52 am, just 3 short weeks ago. He weighed 7 lbs., 5 oz. and was 21 inches long. He is such a good baby and is so handsome. We all are so happy that he is here (though he may have other thoughts when he gets a bit older and has 3 sisters bossing him around).

We have been struggling a bit and I have been worrying a lot this past week because his weight when he was 5 days old had dropped to 6 lbs., 8 oz. This wasn't so bad except that 12 days later, he was only at 6 lbs., 10 oz. Brady's pediatrician was a bit worried so we have been having to use formula rather than breast milk to see if that was the problem. We went back today for a weight check. In 5 days he gained 11 oz!!! He's back up to his birth weight so things are looking up. I had been so worried that something was wrong with my little man. A huge weight has been lifted off my shoulders!

We will go back for another weight check on Friday. I will post about how that goes.

1 comment:

  1. This is my first blog! Glad to hear everything is looking better. I saw the Walgreen pictures you sent Grandma and PaPa. They were very good. Brady is a handsome boy and Hallie Jane is very beautiful. She is really looking the part of a good big sister. Robin saw the pictures as well and he said that one of them looked exactly like my baby picture. I'm sure he will grow out of it.
    Daddy

    ReplyDelete