Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Preparing for the hospital stay

Last week I mentioned to Hallie Jane that Baby Brady was going to be born at the hospital. Who knew such a simple comment would set off such a reaction. She was very upset, not wanting him to be there, but at home like her friend's little sister. So, since that day we've been working on her understanding that Mommy is going to the hospital and Dr. Alexis is going to get Baby Brady out of Mommy's tummy. The past couple of days we have been okay with this part, so tonight I extended it (on the advice of my mom) to include that I will be staying at the hospital with Baby Brady while she comes home to sleep in her "Big Girl Bed" and after a few days we will come home. Again, the idea didn't go over so well. That is until I pulled out the photos from when Hallie Jane was born. What a flashback! I was so fat! Hallie Jane was so adorable! The other two girls have grown so much! Mika and I both got a little teary eyed. The giggles that followed the pictures were priceless. Hallie Jane and Trinity both LOVED looking at the pictures of each other and themselves. We'll probably have to look at them again over the next 4 days to help reinforce the idea, but hopefully everything will go well Monday night. Good luck to Mika that night!

No comments:

Post a Comment